Counselling and Psychotherapy
Possibilities for Change is a Counselling and Psychotherapy practice in Glen Iris in the Eastern suburbs of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. People may also like to visit our Malvern and Fairfield sites.
Possibilities for Change is a private practice that values you and your journey.
What is Counselling?
Counselling, psychotherapy and perhaps the more generic word ‘therapy’ uses an interpersonal relationship to help develop a client’s understanding of themselves. Armed with this knowledge, the client will be able to make changes in his or her life.
Some key points about therapy:
- Therapy usually takes place on a one-to-one basis or may be done in group settings
- The client is able to choose a therapist and therapy style which is best suited to their particular situation – please do not settle for someone you don’t feel safe or comfortable with, even if you have been recommended to that person – there will be a right fit for you
- The therapy process involves a ‘getting to know you’ period just like any new relationship
- A therapist and client will normally sit with one another for an hour focusing on what the client brings to the session
- The therapist and client play an equal role in the therapy process. There is no ‘expert’ in a therapy relationship although the counsellor does have solid training which helps them to see or identify things the client may not see for themselves
- Everything that happens in therapy is confidential, except if necessary for your own or another person’s safety is at risk
If you are experiencing feeling loss in your life that you would like to talk to someone about, please contact us.
Possibilities for Change acknowledges the Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the traditional owners of this nation. We pay our respects to ancestors and Elders, past, present and future.
We also welcome people from the LGBTI community.