This year I will be running a group on supporting people who have weight issues. This will be a support group which will follow the needs of the attendees. There will be no weighing and no diets suggested but acceptance of each person’s journey and of what they offer the group. It is expected this will be a group where members do not need to be ashamed or feel criticised but will be able to speak freely and share their life stories. The group will determine if there are subjects they would like to discuss.
Group members are encouraged to keep what is discussed in the group within the group so that it becomes a safe and confidential space.
The group sessions are expected to be for four weeks commencing from 23rd April 2018.
If you would like to book a place, please see Trybooking link below. You are welcome to phone 0421 908 424 or contact through contact page or directly to email@example.com if you have any questions.
SUPPORT GROUP FOR PEOPLE WANTING TO LOSE WEIGHT
A four week group presented by Possibilities for Change
- Do you (or someone you know) struggle with trying to lose weight?
- Do you feel isolated or alone on your journey?
- Would you like to meet others like yourself who are finding their way?
- Would you like to learn from and share with others like you in a safe and supported environment?
This 4-week program will be a place where you can meet others like you. There will be time to learn from others and find comfort in that. No diets or scales!
There will also be opportunities to:
- Learn about what works for others (does it actually work?)
- Allow ourselves to voice some of the emotions we feel which we do not feel safe to share elsewhere such as stigma, shame and guilt
- How are we impacted by the views of people with weight issues.
- Grieve over the loss of the dreams we had for a different life
- Share and learn some self-care techniques which will support our everyday lives.
Who should attend:
Anyone who struggles with trying to lose weight or has lost weight and struggles to keep it off.
7pm – 9pm on the following Monday evenings:
23rd April, 30th April, 7th May, 14th May
Possibilities for Change
5 York Road, Glen Iris, 3146 (Cnr. Wills Street)
$80 for 4 sessions
BA (Psych), Grad.Dip. Psych, Grad.Dip. Counselling, Masters of Social Science (Counselling)
I have previously run the following groups:
- Support group for family members of people with drug or alcohol addiction
- Narrative/storytelling groups
- Befriending Anxiety group
- Assertion Skills group
and have overseen groups on:
- Improving Self Esteem
- Communication Skills
- Meditation and Mindfulness